Saturday, 3 November 2012

Team Project Hustling

Most of us are taking CSC207 at the same time as this course. And to all of those who are, we are aware of this 4 man group project which is due within a week's time. This to me feels like the first REAL group project I had in university. Our task was to make a "program" that takes user inputs which are in the form of commands, and execute it. It's tricky, since everyones code is dependant on the others and you cannot finnish this assignment without cooperating with the others. From what I remember in High School, there is usually one person who does the majority of the work the night before the project is due and the other group members just "hang around" to ensure that the project is finished on time. Thing with this is that the TA's can check when you did work and when you updated your last entry, so essentially your TA will know if you did everything in the last minute, and who in the group did what.

I personally like this setting because it feels very much like what I would expect real group projects in the real world to be. Also, everyone in the group is actually working. It isn't one of those groups where one person is the "leader" and tells everyone else what to do. Everyone in here has a say in what's going on because everyone is at the same level. I hope most, if not all of our group projects follow this trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment